Year 1 Phonics & Sentences: Exception WordsView magicsounds's Full Store
Click to view larger images
This resource includes teaching resources for 64 exception words and high frequency words.
The Story Wizard phonics scheme aims to get children writing stories as quickly as possible by helping them understand and enjoy the relationships between spoken sounds and written symbols (magic spells!).
Included teaching activities with this set:
– flashcards with guidance for sounds
– definitions for every word
– Wave Your Wand activities: Make a ‘word wand’ and then wave your wand in shapes that become ‘magic spells’
– Word Line games: Select a letter and then have a go at organising yourselves into a ‘word line’
– Word Maker: Develop fine motor skills and handwriting by cutting out phonemes and sticking them into place. Then having a go at writing words yourself
Sound guidance is provided for both Standard English (Southern British) pronunciations and Northern British/US for words such as ‘last’ and ‘class’.
A free planning guide is available with examples of how Story Wizard Phonics resources can be organised across the school year.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
Year 1 Phonics & Sentences: Exception Words