Year 1 Phonics & Sentences: 2nd Six Weeks PhonicsView magicsounds's Full Store
Click to view larger images
The Story Wizard Phonics Scheme for Ages 4–6 introduces children to the phonemes and spelling conventions they are expected to learn in Year 1. Activities include resources for introducing individual words and for placing them into sentences alongside previously taught words.
This set includes the resources required to deliver the second six weeks of the scheme:
Initial Phonics Consolidation 1
Note that Units can also be ordered individually and by section (use the links above).
A free planning guide is available with examples of how Story Wizard Phonics resources can be organised across the school year.
The Story Wizard phonics scheme aims to get children writing stories as quickly as possible by helping them understand and enjoy the relationships between spoken sounds and written symbols (magic spells!).
Each time a new phoneme is introduced it is placed in the context of words alongside phonemes that have been previously taught to help children quickly make sense of the relationship between letters and words.
Each unit includes:
– sound charts with initial mouth positions
– flashcards with guidance for sounds
– definitions for every word
– Wave Your Wand activities: Make a ‘word wand’ and then wave your wand in shapes that become ‘magic spells’
– Sentence Line games: Select a word and then have a go at organising yourselves into a ‘sentence line’
– Sentence Maker: Develop fine motor skills and handwriting by cutting out words and sticking them into place. Then having a go at writing sentences yourself.
Features of Story Wizard Phonics:
– children are introduced to words and blending from the very beginning
– phonemes are introduced progressively and placed into words alongside previously learned phonemes to support ongoing consolidation
– the meaning and usage of new words is taught throughout
– active learning games to help children understand the relationship between sounds, letters, words and sentences
– visual guides for mouth positions
– pronunciation guidance on flash cards
– writing activities are available in cursive and lowercase print (both are included)
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
Year 1 Phonics & Sentences: 2nd Six Weeks Phonics