Phonics & Handwriting: Initial Consolidation for the Foundation StageView magicsounds's Full Store
A free preview of this resource is available here.
Note this set is included in the complete scheme (available here).
This resource includes activities for consolidating phonemes taught at the expected level for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The resource is divided into two sets:
Set 1 covers most basic consonant phonemes and short vowels
Set 2 covers consonant digraphs (th.ch.nk.ng) and vowel sounds
Included activities with each set:
– flashcards with guidance for sounds
– definitions for every word
– Slides with guidance for pronunciation
– Word Line games: Select a letter and then have a go at organising yourselves into a ‘word line’
– Word Maker: Develop fine motor skills and handwriting by cutting out phonemes and sticking them into place. Then having a go at writing words yourself
This resource is intended as an initial consolidation to be used immediately after children have been introduced to all of the phonemes they are expected to learn at the expected level for the Foundation Stage (set one after the first six weeks/sets, set 2 after the next 6 weeks/sets).
A free Long Term Planning guide for the Story Wizard Phonics scheme can be downloaded from here. This includes suggestions for when to implement this resource.
More in-depth activities for consolidation can be found here.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
Phonics & Handwriting: Initial Consolidation for the Foundation Stage