Phonics & Handwriting: Exception Words & High Frequency WordsView magicsounds's Full Store
A free Long Term Planning guide can be downloaded from here.
A free preview and guide to this resource is available here.
Note this set is included in the complete scheme (available here).
This resource includes teaching resources for 30 exception words and 7 high frequency words. It also includes resources for monitoring and assessment for individual children and a class overview sheet.
The Story Wizard phonics scheme aims to get children writing stories as quickly as possible by helping them understand and enjoy the relationships between spoken sounds and written symbols (magic spells!).
Included teaching activities with this set:
– flashcards with guidance for sounds
– definitions for every word
– Wave Your Wand activities: Make a ‘word wand’ and then wave your wand in shapes that become ‘magic spells’
– Word Line games: Select a letter and then have a go at organising yourselves into a ‘word line’
– Word Maker: Develop fine motor skills and handwriting by cutting out phonemes and sticking them into place. Then having a go at writing words yourself
Included monitoring and assessment resources:
– Monitoring & assessment resources for Exception Words and High Frequency words for the Foundation Stage. Easily identify abilities and gaps.
– Individual Monitoring Sheet: Monitor progress over time. Use one colour for your initial baseline assessment. Use different colours for subsequent monitoring.
– Class Tracking Sheet: Use the same colours to provide an overview of progress across the entire class.
– Read sheets: Use these to quickly identify children’s abilities.
– Magic Write sheets: for children to demonstrate their writing skills
– Flashcards: Including sound guidance. Use these for more in depth support and to focus on individual phonemes.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
Phonics & Handwriting: Exception Words & High Frequency Words