My First Story – Sentence Writing Phonics ActivityView magicsounds's Full Store
Children can write and illustrate their first story book using phonemes they have recently learned with this ten week phonics based activity.
– Detailed guidance and planning
– Slides with moveable words for demonstrating sentence composition
– Example sentences and illustrations
– Blank story writing sheets for children to write and illustrate each part of the story
– Story Line activity sheets: an ‘active learning’ challenge for children to stand up with a word and join with others to form a sentence
– Cut out and fold puppets of the main characters (encourage children to make up their own adventures)
– Colouring sheets
– Display materials
Each week children can write a new sentence made up of phonemes they have previously learned (based on the order of popular phonics programmes). Early writing is expected to appropriate to children’s stage of learning in order for progression to be evidenced over the subsequent weeks.
The words introduced in each part of the story are designed to consolidate children’s learning of phonemes and to help them understand the relationship between letters, words, sentences and stories.
Note that this activity is intended to show children’s progression over a period of weeks – it isn’t an expectation that they can write beautifully from the beginning. Instead the idea is for children to have a sense of giving writing a go by creating their first story book.
Excellent for developing confidence, encouraging creative writing and drawing. Ideal for demonstrating evidence of progression and a brilliant example of early writing for parents to keep.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
My First Story – Sentence Writing Phonics Activity
Purchase orders can be made by emailing your order to email@example.com
(please include the resource code and title with your order)
Teacher Licence: Used by a single teacher/educator with their class. School Licence: Used by any teacher in a single school/institution.
If you are a chain or wish to licence resources to use in some other way please get in touch with details.