My First Story – Sentence Writing Phonics ActivityView magicsounds's Full Store
Click to view larger images
Children can write and illustrate their first story book using phonemes they have recently learned with this ten week phonics based activity.
– Detailed guidance and planning
– Slides with moveable words for demonstrating sentence composition
– Example sentences and illustrations
– Blank story writing sheets for children to write and illustrate each part of the story
– Story Line activity sheets: an ‘active learning’ challenge for children to stand up with a word and join with others to form a sentence
– Cut out and fold puppets of the main characters (encourage children to make up their own adventures)
– Colouring sheets
– Display materials
Each week children can write a new sentence made up of phonemes they have previously learned (based on the order of popular phonics programmes). Early writing is expected to appropriate to children’s stage of learning in order for progression to be evidenced over the subsequent weeks.
The words introduced in each part of the story are designed to consolidate children’s learning of phonemes and to help them understand the relationship between letters, words, sentences and stories.
Excellent for developing confidence, encouraging creative writing and drawing. Ideal for demonstrating evidence of progression and a brilliant example of early writing for parents to keep.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
My First Story – Sentence Writing Phonics Activity