How to Use Exclamation MarksView Monster Punctuation's Full Store
Click to view larger images
Forty writing challenges in four workbooks with additional creative challenges. Detailed step-by-step guidance in two sets of slides with additional notes for teachers and parents.
Covers all aspects of the curriculum including:
– Sequence sentences to form short narratives
– Separate words with spaces
– Use spacing between words that reflects the size of the letters.
– Understanding how grammatical patterns in a sentence indicate its function as an exclamation
– Using an exclamation mark with an interjection
– Identify and use appropriate end punctuation to demarcate different sentence types (exclamation)
– Using exclamation marks both for emphasis in statements and commands, and to mark exclamations
Challenges are provided on editable slides. They can be used to demonstrate approaches to writing sentences and edited to create your own additional challenges.
Challenges are based on a theme of ‘mermaids and water monsters’ to stimulate creative thinking and writing. Each challenge involves some unpunctuated text for children to rewrite with punctuation. These are accompanied by fun challenges that range from creative to silly.
Challenges can be checked using the ‘Sentence Check Sheets’. These accompany each set of challenges and progressively increase the methods of punctuation to check. Space is provided for a self-check and a peer-check.
The main guidance slides can also be printed off to make a colourful class display and a helpful reference.
Includes versions in British-English and US-English
great resource thank you
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
How to Use Exclamation Marks