How to Use Exclamation MarksView Monster Punctuation's Full Store
Click to view larger images
Forty writing challenges in four workbooks with additional creative challenges AND detailed step-by-step guidance in two sets of slides with additional notes for teachers and parents.
Covers all aspects of the curriculum including:
– Sequence sentences to form short narratives
– Separate words with spaces
– Use spacing between words that reflects the size of the letters.
– Understanding how grammatical patterns in a sentence indicate its function as an exclamation
– Using an exclamation mark with an interjection
– Identify and use appropriate end punctuation to demarcate different sentence types (exclamation)
– Using exclamation marks both for emphasis in statements and commands, and to mark exclamations
Explanations are provided by the Punctuation Monsters and the resources feature the theme of ‘Mermaids and Water Monsters’.
The class introduction includes class challenges with editable slides that can be used to rearrange sentences and add punctuation in order to demonstrate each method of punctuation.
Also includes forty writing challenges in four workbooks:
- Unit 1: Module 7: questions that begin with a subject-verb inversion
- Unit 2: Module 2: command sentences with exclamation marks
- Unit 2: Module 3: statements with exclamation marks
- Unit 2: Module 4: strong emotions with exclamation marks
Includes these guidance resources:
- Punctuation Guidance: Introducing Exclamation Marks
- Punctuation Guidance: How to use Exclamations with Commands
Note the above workbooks and guidance resources are INCLUDED with this resource but can also be ordered individually by clicking the appropriate links.
great resource thank you
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Your order basket
- Your basket is empty.
How to Use Exclamation Marks